Tattoo Negligence Claims
Making the decision to get a tattoo is a permanent choice which will stay with you throughout your life and so it is vital that the procedure is done well, by a fully-trained professional. Quite often, we make the decision to get a tattoo to commemorate something or someone close to us, so it can be devastating if things go wrong.
There are a number of laws in place to protect you when you make the decision to get a tattoo. When these laws are breached and your safety is put at risk, our expert team is on hand to help.
A badly performed procedure, which might make “a mess” of the tattoo, can be classed as a breach of contract under consumer law. For instance, if a tattoo is incorrectly spelt.
Tattoo artists also have to be appropriately trained and abide by health and safety laws, which apply to the equipment they use and the use of sterile needles to prevent infection. If this law has been breached in any way, you may be able to make a claim.
Injuries suffered can include:
- Allergic reactions
- Skin conditions as a result
These injuries can be caused by a number of reasons, including:
- Under trained or ill-trained tattoo artists performing the procedure.
- Failure to use a new sterile needle for each client.
- Failure to wash hands and wear latex gloves (non-latex gloves for customers with latex allergies), and ensure that all surfaces are sterile.
- Failure to take a full medical history before performing the procedure.
- Lack of consent-information provided to client in regards to procedure and aftercare.