Medical Negligence Claims
Compensation for medical negligence arises from situations where you can show that the treatment, or care you received fell below medically acceptable standards, and this resulted in harm, injury or death.
Compensation for medical negligence are commonly found in situations such as:
- Delays in diagnosis
- Careless procedures
- Failure to warn of the risks involved with the treatment
- Failure to obtain proper consent for the proposed procedure
- Medication errors
- Dental negligence
The Law normally requires you to commence Court Proceedings within three years of the date of the injury, or of the date when you first became aware that G.P. or Doctor negligence had led to your injury. These are strict time limits, unless the patient suffers a brain injury as a child.
In medical negligence claims, it is only about claiming compensation.
The Court cannot make a healthcare professional apologise to you, or to discipline him/her.
At Paul Crowley & Co Solicitors, we are fully aware of the problems which can arise and can understand that someone else’s professional negligence can have a dramatic, and often long-term effect on both you and your family.
Paul Crowley & Co Solicitors have a highly specialist personal injury who will guide you through the complex issues, which can be present in medical negligence compensation claims.
You can claim compensation, which can include:
- Compensation for pain, suffering and loss of amenity
- Payment for ongoing treatment
- Loss of earnings
- Cost of adaptations to your home
- Cost of specialist aids and equipment, which will include the quality of your life
- Cost of care provided by your family and loved ones in having to deal with the consequences of the negligent treatment
- Future loss of earnings and expenses
If someone has died following, a compensation claim can be brought by the next of kin, and someone who has died for the benefit of the Estate of the Deceased person.
WHAT TO DO NEXT…
Follow us on social media
Keep up-to-date with Paul Crowley & Co by following us on social media! Tweet us or message us on Facebook: