Beautician Negligence Claims
When you visit a specialist beauty salon or clinic, you expect your treatment to be delivered to a high standard by a fully trained professional.
Unfortunately, this is not always the case and beautician negligence can leave you with physical injuries and even emotional trauma. If you’ve suffered after receiving a beauty treatment or cosmetic procedure, our expert team may be able to help.
Beauticians are legally bound to meet certain regulations controlling the use, storage and disposal of chemical products. Likewise, they are required to ensure that all electrical equipment is fit for use and is regularly tested under health and safety law. If these standards are not met, and you have suffered as a result, you may be entitled to compensation.
The most common types of injuries suffered includes:
- Allergic reactions
These injuries can be caused by a number of reasons, including:
- Overheating or overuse of products.
- Failure to complete skin patch tests before applying the product.
- Badly performed semi-permanent makeup.
- Badly performed cosmetic procedures such as Botox, dermo fillers/abrasions, lip injections, laser hair removal, teeth whitening and semi-permanent makeup etc.
- Badly performed beauty procedures such as eye lash extensions, eye brow tints, waxing etc.
- Under trained or ill trained staff completing procedures.
- Lack of consent-information provided to client in regards to procedure and aftercare.